Our Places | Creative Books
Why do we need to “Get Creative” with books?
“Why is Reading Important? 10 ways reading benefits us and why we should cultivate a reading habit today:
1. Sharpens Your Mind
2. Increases Your Vocabulary
3. Lowers Your Stress
4. Decreases Your Depression
5. Improves Your Memory & Focus
6. Strengthens Your Writing Abilities
7. Enhances Your Imagination
8. Boosts Your Sleep
9. Enjoy Your Entertainment & Peace
10. Reading Can Brighten Your Day”
“When it comes to those of us in creative fields (designers, writers, marketers, etc.) the problem isn’t so much that we don’t read, it’s that we spend our time reading blogs, tweets, magazines, and other short form snippets. This is great for consuming lots of information and staying up to date, but it does not work our brains the same way as a book, which is an activity that forces the reader to ditch the distractions and focus. It’s this focus that acts as a catalyst for the many perks that come from reading books, not the least of which is an increase in creativity.
Below we take a look at a few of the reasons reading books makes you more creative.
1. Reading Exercises Your Brain
‘No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.’ ~ Confucius
2. Reading Leads to Better Concentration
‘I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.’ ~ Groucho Marx
3. Reading Reduces Stress and Helps You Sleep
‘Some books leave us free and some books make us free.’ ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. Reading Boosts Confidence and Makes You a Better Communicator
‘The reading of all good books is like a conversation with the finest minds of past centuries.’ ~ René Descartes
5. Reading Increases Your Knowledge Base
‘The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.’ ~ Dr. Seuss”.
What are Creative Books?
Arts: Drawing, Painting, Graphic Arts, Sculpture, Photography, Mixed Media, Art Therapy, Art Technique, Decorative Arts, Art Study & Teaching
Crafts: Handicraft, Crocheting, Embroidery, Knitting, Patchwork/quilting, Sewing, Jewellery making, Pottery, Woodwork
Creative Books are not just limited to Arts & Crafts, we also have Creativity, Creative Ability, Creative Thinking, Ideas, Inspiration, Creative Ability in Business, Problem Solving, Thought and Thinking.
How can we get Creative Books?
Creative Books Links
– https://christchurch.bibliocommons.com/item/show/1004566037 Change Your Mind Book
– https://christchurch.bibliocommons.com/item/show/842577037 Steal Like An Artist eBook
– https://christchurch.bibliocommons.com/item/show/896024037 Big Magic Book
– https://christchurch.bibliocommons.com/item/show/801662037 The Complete Artist’s Way Book
– https://christchurch.bibliocommons.com/item/show/894340037 What To Do With An Idea? Book